Friday, September 16, 2011

GET AWAY FROM IT ALL! ( 52 degrees this am.) WALKING in the WOODS













WHEN I WANT TO CLEAR MY MIND, from all cluttered thoughts, I TAKE AN EARLY WALK. (THIS 52 degree morn, I DECIDED TO (TREK up to the BOSTON LOT), IT's SPRING FED POND, used as a RESERVOIR, FOR THE TOWN I LIVE IN. (THE TREK IS MOSTLY UP HILL.) IT is a beautiful wooded area, with a small brook running thru it. (AT THE TOP a clearing, through the HARDWOOD, you can get a GLIMPSE OF THE SHIMMERING POND.  ( THE WATER LILIES OF SUMMER ARE GONE, they are no more, nothing remains but reeds and leaves.<>THE queen annes lace are fading, Their leaves are white with frost.,<>THE BEAUTY OF THE YEAR IS ONLY A SOLEMN MEMORY.<>I STAND BY THE WATER AND SOAK IT ALL IN, SOON IT WILL BE (WINTER) and COLORS TURN TO ORANGE< RED AND GOLD and the citrons GREEN. (MANY YEARS AGO I PLAYED HERE and THIS WAS A SPECIAL PLACE, (BACK IN THE DAY we went skinny dipping and fishing here!! ( NOW I FIND THE MAJESTIC BEAUTY is STILL HERE, (GREAT PLACE TO COLLECT ONE'S THOUGHTS. (THEIR IS SOMETHING TO BE SAID ,ABOUT SPENDING TIME ALONE.!!!(WALKING IN THE WOODS)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment